2010年4月30日 星期五

The Road Not Taken and Citizen Kane

As we are required to work on an essay based on a English poem taught in Amber's class. I chose The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.
At the first reading of Robert Frost’s The Road Not Taken, what came to my mind immediately is a relatively apparent theme of this poem: choices people make for their lives. Including me, we all make choices or decisions every single day. Yet, if we could go back to the past and change our choices, things would be totally different from how they have been now; more importantly, we might not become who we are today. In addition, regrets, happiness, sadness and other emotions or feelings might come to our mind when we think of our past; also, they are parts of our memories. Combing these ideas together inevitably reminds me of a film by Orson Welles titled Citizen Kane. In the following paragraphs, I would like to show how Robert Frost’s The Road Not Taken along with Citizen Kane of Orson Welles connect to our daily lives, what their viewpoints to the destiny and choices are and how they are profoundly presented.
Anyway, you might need to watch Citizen Kane in advance so that you could understand what I am saying better!
If anyone is interested in that film, just let me know! I have DVD.

沒有留言:

張貼留言